The OMR Group develops, manufactures and supplies engine and transmission components made of aluminium and cast iron, structural parts in aluminium and full aluminium frames made from machined and welded castings.
OMR Group's plants adopt the World Class Manufacturing (WCM) approach: a structured, rigorous and integrated production method that involves the organisation as a whole, from safety to the environment, from maintenance to logistics and quality.
The primary objective of the WCM system is to continuously improve all our production performance in order to guarantee product quality and meet customer expectations. Projects developed under the WCM, which rely on the active involvement of employees, have as their common goal a systematic reduction of losses and waste, to reach the ultimate result of zero accidents, zero waste, zero failures, and zero inventory.
WCM is based on the systematic aggression of all types of waste and loss, and on the involvement of everybody (at all hierarchical levels of the organization), by rigorously using methods and standards.
WCM is focused on developing a production system in which:
- Safety awareness is a fundamental value.
- The voice of customers is heard all the way to the workshop.
- Leaders have a passion for standards.
- No form of waste or leakage is accepted.
- Methods are applied strictly and with tenacity.
- All faults are made visible.
- People are the driving force of change.